Application closing date: 12 noon 11th January 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 14th January 2019 (date and time to be confirmed)
Location: Oak Lodge School, 101 Nightingale Lane, SW12 8NA
Actual Salary: £15,951 – £16,080 per annum
Job description: We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Premises Assistant with a positive attitude to work as part of a team to ensure that our school and grounds are maintained to a high and safe standard either by performing minor maintenance works within their competency or supervising and checking contractors’ works.
Working time: 30 hours per week shift pattern including evenings and Saturdays.
Term Time + 3 weeks (42 weeks). Required as soon as possible
- be honest, reliable and hardworking;
- have good numeracy, literacy skills and IT use;
- be able to work as part of a team but also able to work on your own initiative;
- act as a key-holder performing routine and non-routine opening/locking and alarming school buildings;
- have practical experience in a variety of trades (eg decorating, plumbing, carpentry, building);
- have the ability to remain calm when dealing with emergencies;
- have a can do attitude;
- be willing to take part in training;
- have a willingness to be helpful and support staff in practical ways.
If you have good communication skills, are able to develop positive relationships, can demonstrate focus and commitment, then we would like to hear from you.
Oak Lodge School is a regional residential school providing education for pupils aged 10 to 19 who are D/deaf or have speech, language and communication needs (SLCN). Some are also visually impaired. All employees of Oak Lodge School are expected to contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school.
At Oak Lodge we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check
Visits to Oak Lodge are welcomed and can be arranged by phoning the school for an appointment.
For further information and to apply please download an application and details below. Please make reference to the person specification when completing the application form. Completed applications should be returned to the school either by email or post.
Pre-interview references will be sought.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Oak Lodge School. 101 Nightingale Lane London, Sw12 8NA.