The Role of Governors
Governors are the strategic leaders of the school and have a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education. They focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.The governors are accountable to parents and other key stakeholders in the community for decisions taken about the school.If you have any questions for the governing body please contact the Chair of Governors, c/o Oak Lodge School, 101 Nightingale Lane, London SW12 8NA.
- The Governing Body
- Governors are actively involved in supporting the school working with staff on a variety of projects to improve the facilities, opportunities and achievements of our students.
- The Governors of Oak Lodge School are responsible with the Head Teacher for setting the aims and objectives of the school, and monitoring progress in delivering the best educational outcomes for all students.
|Current Governors||Appointed as:||Date of appointment|
|Desmond Jarrett||Chair, Co-opted Governor||01/ 06/ 2017|
|Sue Machell||Vice Chair, Co-opted Governor||01/ 06/ 2017|
|Jane Biddulph||Parent Governor||12/ 12/ 2016|
|Stephen Cave||Co-opted Governor||26/ 11/ 2013|
|Levent Marasli||Staff Governor||11/06/2015|
|Derek Kitchin||Executive Headteacher||01/01/2018|
|Amy Lafferty||Co-opted Governor||12/12/2017|
|James Torrance||Co-opted Governor||12/12/2017|
|Mike Smith||Co-opted Governor||12/12/2017|
|Nkechi Ofor||Parent Governor||12/12/2017|
All governors are appointed for a four year term, unless indicated otherwise. The Chair and Vice Chair are elected every two years.
None of the Governors hold Governorships in other schools.
None of the Governors or their partners has business interests that are relevant to the school.
The full governing body meets 3 times a year, in addition the following sub committees also meet at least once a term
|School & Residential||Premises||Resources||Deaf First||Student Welfare & Progress||Pay and Staff Disciplinary & Grievance Committees|
|Chair||K Clanchy||D Jarrett||S Cave||D Jarrett||S Machell||D Jarrett|
|Other Members(Advisors are in italics)||J BiddulphS MachellL Marasli
|S CaveD KitchinC Mukasa
|D WatkinsS MachellM Smith
|A Lafferty-HerbertD JarrettJ Biddulph
|As and when needed, appointments to be made.Staff Appeals CommitteeAd hoc membership drawn from Governors not listed above|
The complaints procedure can be found under the school policies tab here